Winstanley’s 2nd Lighthouse Blackwork Embroidery Kit or Pattern
Winstanley’s 2nd Lighthouse kit is part of The Eddystone Lighthouse Series of blackwork embroidery designs based on the Lighthouses built 11 miles off Plymouth Sound in the UK on the Eddystone Reef.
Over the years the lighthouse designs were improved as new lighthouses were built to replace the damaged ones.
Henry Winstanley’s 2nd Tower was built in 1699. The tower was completely destroyed on the night of 27 November 1703 during the Great Storm of that year. Winstanley sadly lost his life that night as he was visiting the lighthouse to make some repairs.
Most of the time these two lighthouses are classed as one. I thought that the designs were different enough to warrant two separate pieces of embroidery.
This design is ideal for anyone, from a beginner to an expert in any form of counted embroidery.
Apart from a sewing frame/hoop and scissors, this kit is ready to use as soon as you receive it in the post.
- 200 x 109 stitches on 28 count evenweave
- Approx. 36 x 20cm / 14 x 8 inches
Contents of Complete Kit
- A full list of instructions including a colour pattern of the Outline and Fill patterns
- Fabric: 28 count white cotton evenweave or 28 count white Linen by Fabric Flair
- Size: Approx. 48cm x 30cm (19 x 12 inches) (This gives a 2 inch border of fabric around the edge for framing.) Fabric bound on all the edges to prevent fraying.
- Pre-sorted Anchor Stranded Cotton and Pearl thread on a colour printed thread card.
- Size 24 and Size 26 Tapestry Needle by John James