Rudyerd’s Lighthouse Blackwork Embroidery Kit or Pattern
Rudyerd’s Lighthouse blackwork kit is part of The Eddystone Lighthouse Series I have designed based on the lighthouses built 11 miles off Plymouth Sound in the UK on the Eddystone Reef.
Over the years the lighthouse designs were improved as new lighthouses were built to replace the damaged ones.
Captain John Lovett commissioned John Rudyerd to build a lighthouse on the Eddysone reef. This lighthouse last 50 years but on the night of 2 December 1755 the top of the lantern caught fire and the lighthouse burnt down.
This design is ideal for anyone, from a beginner to an expert in any form of counted embroidery.
Apart from a sewing frame/hoop and scissors, this kit is ready to use as soon as you receive it in the post.
- 209 x 109 stitches on 28 count evenweave
- Approx. 38 x 20cm / 15 x 8 inches
Contents of Complete Kit
- A full list of instructions including a colour pattern of the Outline and Fill patterns
- Fabric: 28 count white cotton evenweave or 28 count white Linen by Fabric Flair
- Size: Approx. 48cm x 30cm (19 x 12 inches) (This gives a 2 inch border of fabric around the edge for framing.) Fabric bound on all the edges to prevent fraying.
- Pre-sorted Anchor Stranded Cotton and Pearl thread on a colour printed thread card.
- Size 24 and Size 26 Tapestry Needle by John James